The following data is drawn from student results and surveys. It summarises outcomes
from universities where Perdisco e-workbooks have been used over a number of semesters.
Interactive e-workbooks that are closely aligned with a course's core
knowledge and skill requirements have consistently proven to improve student outcomes.
Two examples include:
- Financial Markets: student results increased from 7% to
35% of students attaining High Distinction or Distinction
- Financial Mathematics: in a course for remedial students, the
pass rate increased from 27% to 75%.
In both courses, the teaching staff involved perceived the use of Perdisco's e-workbooks
to be the only factor contributing to the improved results.
Perdisco e-workbooks contribute to higher student performance for a number of reasons
- The e-workbooks provide students with interactive questions
that contain randomised variables and fully worked solutions that encourage
students to do repeated practice.
- Students engage with internet based activities, and are more likely to complete
online activities than paper work because they perceive them to be more
interesting. Students often report that they enjoy using
- E-workbook solutions provide a detailed level of working that assists students
'in the moment'. Where questions contain randomised variables, students can
immediately check their understanding of the worked
solution by repeating the same question type with new values.
- Students benefit from formative feedback that assists
each individual gauge their progress through the course content. Students can
use this performance information to tailor their personal study approach.